The junior engineer will assist senior Hydromantis staff in carrying out various routine tasks of completing customer support, consulting services and product development.
Reporting to a senior modelling engineer, the junior modelling engineer will typically be responsible for:
- Assist with the completion of engineering consulting projects by evaluating data, developing reports and specifications, and carrying out simulation studies, as required.
- Contribute to the development of Hydromantis software by handling and processing wastewater data, calibrating models and running simulations, and conducting wastewater scientific literature reviews as needed. The junior engineer will also assist with detailed beta-testing of software and updating of software documentation as new versions are released.
- Assist in production of proposals, reports and other general office duties.
- Providing technical software support for all Hydromantis products to clients, via web meeting, email and/or phone. This task includes eventually becoming the initial point-of-contact for all incoming support requests, and managing the distribution of support tasks.
- Giving standard training workshops to new and existing users of Hydromantis software (via web meeting, or in face-to-face sessions). While the junior engineer will partner with a more senior staff member to provide training initially, it is expected that the junior engineer will eventually provide training workshops on their own.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of Hydromantis software and services by giving sales presentations to clients, attending conferences and giving talks, and providing other sales support.
Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
Hydromantis is looking for a self-motivated, responsible person who is a team player with the following key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Civil or Chemical engineering
- Aptitude in mathematical modelling, data analysis and programming
- Experience with wastewater process modeling software
- Proven ability to conduct independent research in the water/wastewater field
- Experience in water and waste water treatment field
Interested applicants can forward a cover letter and resumé in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm, Nov. 10th, 2019.